My name is Sharon and I'm walking 60 miles in November as part of the Phoenix Breast Cancer 3-Day to benefit Komen for the Cure. I have begun training for this event requiring endurance, a few nights in a tent, and $3000+. Please read about why I'm walking and considering donating. Every dollar benefits the cause. While you're here, please visit some of the links on the left and right, and come back often to check in on my progress. Thank you!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Eight Ways You Can Make a Difference

60 miles? 3 days? Barmy, you say? This is perhaps daft, but it will be an adventure marked by spirited enjoyment. That's one reason you should get involved. You should get involved for all the people you know affected by cancer. You should get involved because it'll be more fun for me to share a tent with someone I know, who is willing to bandage my blisters and coat my feet in Vaseline (I would do the same for you). If that's too weird for you, there are other ways you can get involved. Follow the links below, read, watch, take up the cause...

  1. Register to walk with me (watch the '06 Phoenix video).
  2. Register to be part of the Crew.
  3. Subscribe to this blog, follow my training and fundraising progress, and respond with some good things now and again (see the subscription options in the left column).
  4. Become my friend on MySpace, make me a top friend so all your friends see this, and forward my bulletins to all of your friends.
  5. Read my list of creative ways for individuals to give, then donate generously.
  6. Read my list of creative ways for businesses to give, then donate generously.
  7. Come out during the week of November 2-4 and sit at a cheering station or come sweep me up at the end (details later).
  8. Most importantly, feel yourself (or someone else) up. Early detection saves lives.

No comments: