My name is Sharon and I'm walking 60 miles in November as part of the Phoenix Breast Cancer 3-Day to benefit Komen for the Cure. I have begun training for this event requiring endurance, a few nights in a tent, and $3000+. Please read about why I'm walking and considering donating. Every dollar benefits the cause. While you're here, please visit some of the links on the left and right, and come back often to check in on my progress. Thank you!

Friday, May 25, 2007

Miles Walked: 6 :: Miles to Go: 639

My "official" 24 weeks of training started this past Monday. When the week is over, I'll have walked 12 miles, with a bit of cross-training in between. I've actually had to slow down my pace to 3 mph, aiming for endurance, which is sometimes challenging when the clown on the treadmill next to you is walking at warp-speed to get their workout over with in the least amount of time. Overall, not really a tough week, except for ironing out my shoe issues and accepting that I'm going to be droppin' some dough on professionally fitted shoes for a change...my littlest toes are protesting. Thorlo sent me a free pair of uber-distance socks (pink-trimmed, of course); if I wear those, I'll be needed a full size larger shoe. But, man, are they comfy. As an official sponsor of the 3-Day, they are offering to donate $6 for every 6-pack anyone buys. They are pricey, but if you need cushy socks and can afford it, buy them here. I also hit CVS and stocked up on band-aids, moleskin, and Advil. :-) I'll be walking the canals here in Phoenix tomorrow and Sunday, really early as it's in the triple digits here now. Starting tomorrow and for the next week, the challenge will be to keep up with my training schedule in light of my Mom's arrival and our all-kitsch Vegas/LA/Pacific Coast road trip next week.

miles walked = 6 | miles to go = 639 | days till 3-day = 161

No comments: