My name is Sharon and I'm walking 60 miles in November as part of the Phoenix Breast Cancer 3-Day to benefit Komen for the Cure. I have begun training for this event requiring endurance, a few nights in a tent, and $3000+. Please read about why I'm walking and considering donating. Every dollar benefits the cause. While you're here, please visit some of the links on the left and right, and come back often to check in on my progress. Thank you!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Six Creative Ways for Individuals to Give

$5...$10...every dollar makes a dent in my $3000+ fundraising commitment. Please consider giving anything you can afford. Following is a list of ways to increase your gift at no cost to you, ease the burden of giving all at once, and some creative ways to honor people you know affected by cancer.

  1. Before you give, check with your employer; many companies have Matching Gift programs that will double your contribution! If your employer offers this, I will guide you through the process.
  2. Give over time - the Komen donation system allows you to set up four equal installments. $10 or $25 per month (the cost of one dinner out) over four months really makes a difference!
  3. Donate $1 for every mile (60) I will walk and I'll add your name or the name of someone you want to remember to my shirt, shoes, pink tutu, pink wig, wherever you choose (safety considered) during the 3-Day.
  4. Donate $2 for every mile (60) I will walk and I'll add the picture of someone you wish to remember to an article of clothing or in the form of a temporary tattoo someplace (visible!) on my person during the walk.
  5. Donate $10 or $20 per day I will walk (3) in honor of someone you know who has been affected by cancer.
  6. If you are an artist or a musician, donate your work or time for a fundraiser I'm planning for October (Breast Cancer Awareness Month). Email me for details.
If you have other creative ideas for individual giving, please add a comment here or email me. If you want to make a contribution by check instead of online, contact me (checks must be received before October 2nd in order to be applied to my $3,000 goal).

Who benefits?
Read here if you want all the nitty gritty on donating.

No comments: