My name is Sharon and I'm walking 60 miles in November as part of the Phoenix Breast Cancer 3-Day to benefit Komen for the Cure. I have begun training for this event requiring endurance, a few nights in a tent, and $3000+. Please read about why I'm walking and considering donating. Every dollar benefits the cause. While you're here, please visit some of the links on the left and right, and come back often to check in on my progress. Thank you!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Six Creative Ways for Businesses, Artists, Musicians to Give

Thousands of people participate in the Phoenix 3-Day, and thousands more come out to cheer us on. Below are a few ideas for donating creatively if you are a business owner, artist, or musician, but I'm always open to suggestions!

  1. Place your logo on my tent, on this blog, or on my t-shirt during the 3-Day for one day for a $100 donation.
  2. Have your business verbally acknowledged during all of my public activities related to the 3-Day for a $250 donation.
  3. I will wear your logo on the full back of my t-shirt for one full day of the 3-Day for a $500 donation.
  4. Donate your space, food, music, or time for a breast-oriented fundraising event I'm planning in October (Breast Cancer Awareness Month). Email me for details.
  5. Donate products, services, art, music, poetry, etc., for an auction I'm holding in conjunction with the October fundraiser (it will begin online). Email me for details.
  6. Donate a percentage of sales some night during which I guest bartend (I have experience) or DJ (my musical knowledge is crazy and I have the evidence to prove it!). Contact me.
Really, throw out any idea and I will listen.

Who benefits?
Read here if you want all the nitty gritty on donating.

No comments: